HomePro. The company provides at-home telemarketing reps to do mostly survey work. It's not a difficult job, and it can be a stepping stone to better opportunities, as it is generally easier to find a job if you already have a job.
The company began in Illinois, but it can now hire people from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what HomePro says about the minimum qualifications:
1. Must have a good, reliable computer (Windows 7 or higher).
2. Must have a good, high-speed internet connection (Cable internet, DSL, etc. Unfortunately, 4g probably won't work). All calls are made from the computer, so no phone is necessary.
3. Must have a quiet place in their home from where they can work.
4. Must be able to read and follow a script and have a pleasant phone voice.
5. We're looking for people who are willing to work, have flexibility in their schedule, and are willing to commit to at least 20 hours per week.
6. Parole/probation is fine, as long as they are legally able to use the computer and internet (including email).
7. We do not inquire about background, and we do not do background checks.
The work schedule varies depending on the needs of the client. Currently, HomePro is doing a lot of afternoon/evening work, but again, that can vary week to week. All workers are hired as employees, not contractors. HomePro currently pays $8.50/hour.
Anyone interested should complete an application on the website (click here). If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HomePro is looking to add at least 20 people in the next few weeks.